Advent Season at OPPC
FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT – December 3
Worship at 9:00 a.m. and 11:10 a.m.
Christian Education at 10:10 a.m.
Pick up Advent Reflections, an Advent devotional, on Main Street. A freewill offering will be collected for this resource. Also available is a CD called Music in Solitude, instrumental piano with strings. The cost of the CD is $15.
SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT – December 10
Christian Education at 10:10 a.m.Traditional 9:00 a.m. worship service – Holiday hand bell music presented by OPPC’s The Chancel Ringers and Bell Canto to help “ring in” the season.
Contemporary 11:10 a.m. worship service - Bluegrass music will be featured.
THIRD SUNDAY OF ADVENT – December 17
One worship service at 10:00 a.m. – Cantata: What Sweeter Music. The Cantata will be performed by the Sanctuary Choir and guests from the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and the Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra.
The Christmas Joy Offering will be collected to help support Presbyterian-related
Racial Ethnic Schools and Colleges as well as the Assistance Program of the Board of Pensions.
FOURTH SUNDAY OF ADVENT – December 24
Christmas Eve Schedule
One worship service at 10:00 a.m. – Children’s Christmas Pageant, Sing with Us: the Christmas Story.
4:00 p.m. Featuring Contemporary Music
8:00 p.m. Communion and Candlelight
10:00 p.m. Cookies & Conversation in the Lounge
10:45 p.m. Sing Christmas Carols
11:00 p.m. Candlelight Service
News Year's Eve
One worship service at 10:00 a.m.
Share the Light Gift Market - November 26 - December 17
You can make a donation and give a card to a loved one telling them about the gift you gave in their honor - we provide the cards.
- Church World Service—Blanket Program
- Fountains of Hope—Clean water systems in developing countries
- Haiti—Medical mobile clinic
- Presbyterian Mission Agency—Piglets, Chickens, Winter heating fuel for refugees
- Tijuana Christian Mission—Braces for teeth & cleaning supplies
- Caravan—High School Youth Mission Trip
- Clothesline—Clothes for Orchard Park Elementary children in need
- Interfaith Hospitality Network—Support for homeless families
- Kairos—Prison Ministry