Welcome to Children’s Ministry at Orchard Park Presbyterian Church!
- Create a welcoming environment where children feel safe, comfortable, and loved.
- Open the pages of scripture with the children so they can meet God there, learn who they are as children of God and disciples of Jesus Christ, and find their place in God’s ongoing story of grace.
- Engage children in a variety of ways, mindful of different learning styles and behavioral challenges.
- Teach children that laughter and joy are part of the Christian faith by ensuring that classes and activities, Bible studies and service projects are also opportunities for fellowship and fun.
- Teach children the importance of being part of a faith community as they mature in their understanding of their relationship with God and find new ways to express what they believe and why.
Michael and Kimberly Pietranczyk direct the Choristers Children’s choir. Refer to OPPC Music Ministries for more details.
This fellowship group for fourth and fifth graders meets once a month, usually on Sunday afternoon. A variety of activities are enjoyed throughout the year: age-appropriate mission experiences, bowling, game day, corn maze/hayrides, scavenger hunt, pottery painting, picnicking, hiking, etc. Children are encouraged to bring friends to Route 45 events. The Route 45 experience helps girls and boys recognize the importance of team building and fellowship with peers. When they reach the busy teen years, transition to Youth Ministries events is seamless.
At 10:10 a.m. during the education hour, children in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade climb on up to The Treehouse where the stories of scripture are experienced through various creative workshops. Sometimes the kids participate in a drum circle (to learn the Magnificat), make a cookie recipe (to learn about Abigail), cut and sand wood (to learn about Joseph, the father of Jesus), create an art project (to learn the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000), observe a science experiment (to understand the Parable of the Prodigal Son), and more! Recently renovated in 2014, the Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall rooms in the Treehouse are places where children can grow in their faith and knowledge of God’s Word through hands-on lessons and creative presentations of the biblical stories.
Time: 8:45 AM through the close of the 11:10
A pager system is in place for Rooms 126 and 127 (infant and toddler rooms). As parents sign their children in, they are assigned a vibrating pager. Should the need arise, they can be paged wherever they are in the church.
Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance to us. Nationwide background checks are conducted on each of our Children’s Ministry staff, both paid and volunteers. In addition, personal references are checked before childcare attendants are scheduled.
Children’s Church during the 9:00 AM Traditional Worship Service
Children’s Church during the 11:10 AM Contemporary Worship Service
- Our camps are about friends: making new friends, rejoining old friends, and learning how to play, work, and live together as friends in Christ.
- Camp Friendly is open to all, not just members of OPPC.
- We encourage campers (especially younger children or first-time campers) to “buddy-up” and recruit a friend to come along for the fun!
Promote spiritual growth
Foster relationships with and through Christ
Develop self-confidence and leadership